From what I recall, I was ranked 5th on the waiting list before ROSI decided to declare a free-for-all war amongst those who were not enrolled into CSC165 yet. As war rages on between fellow peers, I kept refreshing the ROSI web page every half an hour. To my excitement, I remembered a spot had opened up sometime around 7 am in the morning.
Every student's resolution for a fresh semester is to start strong and hopefully finish strong as well. I am no exception to this university mentality. Trying to bring on the A game early was to motivate myself to keep consistency throughout the term.
Venn Diagrams and set notations...no matter where I go, somehow they reappear in my life or maybe that is because I am a statistics major? Luckily for me, Venn Diagrams and set notations comes naturally at present time. In courses such as MAT233 and STA255, Venn Diagrams and set notations are a common staple to statistic students as rice is a common staple to an Asian family.
However, being too arrogant too fast is just setting yourself up for a huge fall. To combat these emotions of feeling arrogant, I do review notes and read course material atleast twice. New material is storming up fast, and to keep myself up to pace, it is mandatory that reviewing notes on a frequent basis, asking for help and making a huge effort are key-roles.
Overall, so far the topics taught do play to my strengths, but things will change for the worse. What also fustrates me alot is how each meeting is an hour long which doesn't give me the incentive to go to lecture especially when commuting is such a hassle (an hour of TTC) and when CSC165 is the only course you have the day. But I take complete fault in designing my timetable this way.
- 'stay strong, finish strong!'
No comments:
Post a Comment