Last Friday was midterm #2. Since the first midterm, I barely picked up the course textbook or studied at all for any of the material. The only learning I managed to absorb in was either through lectures or tutorials. Even then, there would be times in lectures where I would get lost or distracted. The only way to really pick up on the material was to sleep over Robarts that night and plow through all the material in a few hours.
What really stressed me out was the fact that I was entering the midterm with a weigh down of 20% since I missed the first midterm due to the snowstorm. I didn't have much faith entering the exam and was expecting a 50% if anything.
The first question was relatively straight-forward which really boosted up my confidence level to tackle on the next few questions. The midterm overall was straightforward and I even finished the midterm with 15 minutes to go. Despite finishing early and somewhat refreshed in my confidence level, I still predicted a 50%. If writing exams has taught me anything in university, it is that whatever you think you got on the exam, take 10% off and that's your mark.
Midterms were returned this week. To my surprise, I was far above the expected 50%. I still believe in my "10% deduct law", but I guess this midterm just wasn't within my norm.
Quiz this week was relatively straightforward. Once again, Timo (my T.A) pulled through and did a good job explaining the tutorial handout. He really solidified the proof structure for complexity as well as how f <= f prime <= g prime <= g logic.
No comments:
Post a Comment